At Groves, we build confidence, success, and purpose through transformative learning experiences. We are seeking a Psychologist to provide assessment services to students of all ages from schools throughout the Twin Cities area. Groves psychologists are members of the Groves Learning Center. They administer diagnostic assessments to determine why a student is struggling in school and where the learning process is breaking down. With this information, Groves psychologist develop a plan to remediate learning challenges using proven strategies and interventions.
- Conducts student clinical interviews, psycho-educational assessments and feedback sessions.
- Scores assessments and surveys. Synthesizes results, reviews records, and consults with other sources.
- Makes formal diagnoses and provides recommendations regarding educational accommodations.
- Serves as a consultant to parents to enhance their understanding of neurological development and behavioral performance.
Education and Experience
- Psychologist licensed by the Minnesota Board of Psychology
- Trained in the assessment and diagnosis of learning disorders, ADHD and other neurodevelopmental disorders, including work with children, adolescents and adults
- Two years minimum related experience working as a Psychologist in an educational or clinical institution required
- Previous work experience with a full range of psycho-educational and behavioral assessment tools
- Skilled in psychological and psycho-educational report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
Groves Academy is a non-profit organization that transforms lives through education. We have expertise in literacy, dyslexia, study skills, and teaching the process of learning. We understand that proven effective reading instruction benefits all learners and we are driven to impact as many students, clients, and educators as we can. At the heart of Groves is a community where students, families, faculty, and staff are engaged with a sense of belonging, sharing and support. As a community, integrity and respect are intrinsic in everything we do. We celebrate our successes and differences.