Blessing Health System is seeking Adult focused Licensed Psychologist to provide clinical diagnostic and treatment services in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Blessing Behavioral Health is comprised of a team of 9 Psychiatric providers and 13outpatient therapists. In addition, Blessing Hospital has a 16 bed Adult Psychiatric Services and a 10 bed Behavioral medicine Service inpatient unit for the adult population.
The outpatient practice would focus on psychological testing including those who have had stroke, dementia or brain injury, as well as individuals with various other mental health or neurological disorders (e.g. neurodegenerative diseases, anoxic brain injury, movement disorders, cancer). Inpatient clinical services for this position would include individual / group treatment planning, behavior modification strategies and psychological testing. Functions as member of multidisciplinary treatment team providing assessment, diagnosis, education, clinical supervisor, and training services.
- Comprehensive clinical interview(s) with parents, caregivers, and patients
- Designing of individualized psychological / neuropsychological battery for each patient
- Working with office staff to distribute, track, and collect necessary assessment forms via e-mail to relevant agencies / patient supports
- Coordination and collaboration with psychometrician who performs remaining hours of patient testing
- Thorough analysis and write-up of results from psychological / neuropsychological batteries
- Interpretive session(s) discussing findings and recommendations from the psychological / neuropsychological evaluation with patients and other relevant professionals, to be performed following the conclusion of testing.
- Providing referrals of patients to psychiatrist, psychotherapists, SLP's, OT's and other relevant professionals for additional evaluations or treatment.
- Consultation with internal and external referral sources regarding patients needs.
- Forensic opportunities available
- Able to integrate work activates into multidisciplinary team environment
- Able to conduct assessment and treatment of patients in area(s) of assigned operations
- Must be self-directed as will work alone at times
- Carry out essential functions of the job with potential expansion of responsibility
- Familiar with age specific needs for patient populations served
- Clinical Capability to provide full range of behavioral health services to medical and to psychiatric patient populations
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from APA accredited institution
- Illinois license or eligible
- At least one year supervised postdoctoral experience, in neuropsychological evaluation of adults preferred
Blessing Health System is composed of two hospitals. two physician groups, a four-year nursing and allied health education program, a foundation and a medical supply business. We currently have over 165 employed providers on our team and we are looking to continue in our growth with medical professionals. Blessing Health System is largest medical provider serving a 350,000-population region composed of West Central Illinois, Northeast Missouri, and Southeast Iowa.
The city of Quincy, Illinois is located on the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River and is renowned for it's natural beauty, preservation of its exceptional stock of Victorian Era homes, and its highly developed programs in the arts. Quincy has been cited as one of the 50 top small art communities in the U.S. and one of the top 100 small cities to which to live. In 2010, Forbes Magazine listed Quincy as the 8th Best Small City in the U.S. to Raise a Family. The community offers excellent public and parochial schools, a 2-year public community college, a 4-year private university, and a vocational college.
Easy access to Chicago, St. Louis, Springfield, and Kansas City
Quincy Regional Airport with 2 daily flights to Chicago, O'Hare
Amtrak Service with 2 daily trips to Chicago, Union Station
3 Private & 2 Public Golf Courses
Boating, Hunting, Trails
Weekend Farmers' Market
Outdoor Blues Concerts
Downtown Boutique Shopping
New construction public elementary schools built in 2018/2019
Public and Private Elementary & High Schools
Community College & University
Market Competitive Salary
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus
$50,000 Educational Debt Forgiveness Loan
Family Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
403 (B) Plan