Employee Benefit Funds, an innovative healthcare organization, seeks a Licensed Counselor to work full-time in Sunnyside, Queens, NYC providing behavioral health and substance abuse evaluations and treatment in state-of-the-art healthcare facility at the forefront of healthcare technology.
- Provide short-term treatment, diagnostic and crisis assessment to clients of all ages and ethnic backgrounds in a primary care setting
- Client clinical issues include, but are not limited to: all mental health/psychiatric diagnoses; behavioral health problems related to medical illnesses; marital and family distress; workplace conflicts; substance abuse; domestic violence; and bereavement
- Conduct presentations as part of the organization’s wellness programs. Topics include: stress management, tobacco cessation, women’s health, senior citizen health, children’s health; domestic violence, and the promotion of EAP services
- Treat clients mandated to treatment by their employer for behavioral health, substance abuse or other work-related issues. Facilitate the employee’s return to work, and consult with employers on employee’s progress
- Work with clients within a multicultural context, as the client population speaks more than 50 languages, and is drawn from more than 90 countries
- PhD, PsyD or Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work
- Five years professional clinical and/or counseling experience
- Current New York State License (Psychologist; LMHC; or LCSW)
- Current liability insurance coverage
- Excellent organizational, communication, group presentation and computer skills
· Considered a Plus: Bilingual in Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Polish or Bengali
Competitive salary and benefits.
EOE/AA. Email resume to: