The Pediatric Psychology Section at Barrow Neurological Institute, one of Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s multiple Centers of Excellence, continues to grow. We are seeking a full-time clinical, counseling, and/or health psychologists in the following area:
· LGBTQIA and Gender Management Services: Seeking a psychologist with substantial experience and interest in specialized work with LGBTQIA populations and in conducting gender evaluations for those pursuing initiation of gender affirming hormone therapy and surgical procedures. Duties include providing individual, family, and group outpatient psychotherapy for LGBTQIA identified children and adolescents; conducting gender evaluations and collaborating with a multidisciplinary care team as part of the Gender Management Service; and participating in the Reproductive Anomalies and Differences in Sex Development Clinic to provide multidisciplinary assessment and treatment to children and adolescents.
All psychologists will also provide training and supervision to our psychology practicum students; within our APA-accredited psychology, internship program, our APPIC-accredited postdoctoral residency program; and present at Neurosciences and hospital Grand Rounds to educate physicians and medical residents on topics within your areas of expertise.
PCH seeks to enhance the diversity of its staff to complement the cultural and ethnic richness of our patients and their families. Bilingual competency in Spanish is desirable.
· A doctoral degree and internship from APA-accredited psychology programs, relevant to pediatric medical work. For example, a degree in clinical psychology or clinical health psychology is an excellent fit.
· Post-doctoral training related to the job description; training in a pediatric medical setting is strongly preferred.
· Recent and extensive experience providing assessment and treatment to children and families affected by medical illness.
· Experience providing supervision and training to psychology students, interns, and/or postdoctoral residents.
· Interpersonal leadership and communication skills to facilitate optimal working relationships with the many disciplines within the hospital.
· Licensure by the State of Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners prior to the employment start date.
Phoenix Children’s Hospital has provided hope, healing and excellent healthcare for children and families since 1983. We are a primary training affiliate of the University of Arizona, College of Medicine – Phoenix.
Living in Phoenix: The Valley of the Sun boasts 300 sunny days a year, plus award-winning restaurants, great shopping venues, luxurious spas, professional sports franchises, tournament-level golf courses, and acclaimed urban mountain parks. The Phoenix housing market is ideal for new buyers, and great vacation destinations such as Sedona, San Diego and Las Vegas are just hours away.
We offer a competitive salary with incentive bonuses, and it includes an excellent benefit package. Please send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
Raye Jean Becker
Physician Talent Acquisition Partner
1919 E Thomas Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Email (preferred): email@example.com