About the Queensland University of Technology
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students and we place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
Our internationally award-winning Science and Engineering Centre is home to The Cube, acknowledged as one of the world’s largest digital interactive learning and display spaces. QUT established the world's first Creative Industries Faculty, and we invest heavily in collaborative learning and interdisciplinary research environments.
About the Position
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology will contribute to teaching and research within the School. Teaching contributions will include postgraduate and undergraduate supervision, as well as teaching in the Master programs (Clinical Psychology; Educational and Developmental Psychology), the Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) and associated double degrees, and the Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Honours Psychology) programs, as appropriate. This appointment will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis. A part-time appointment may be considered.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contributing strongly to teaching and learning, including unit and curriculum development and review.
• Developing leadership in research
• Engaging actively in research, including applying for research funding and publishing in top tier academic journals.
• Playing a major role in scholarship, research, professional activities and service.
• Strengthening partnering relationships with industry and the community.
• Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.Individuals with a research focus complementary to research strengths of the School are strongly encouraged to apply, especially those with a research agenda in social psychology. The ability to teach organisational psychology is a distinct advantage.
Total Remuneration and Benefits
The classification for this position is either:
• Academic Level B (Lecturer) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD110,428 to $AUD131,147 pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD93,313 to $AUD110,821 pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading;
• Academic Level C (Senior Lecturer) which has an annual remuneration range of $AUD135,281 to $AUD156,007 pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary range of $AUD114,314 to $AUD131,828 pa, 17% superannuation and 17.5% recreation leave loading.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. With competitive remuneration including superannuation, the University offers real and generous benefits.
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
• Reduced working year scheme
• Parental leave provisions
• Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
• Comprehensive professional development
• Salary PackagingHow to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 18591.
For further information about the position, please contact Associate Professor Renata Meuter, Head, School of Psychology and Counselling on +61 7 3138 4641; or for further information about working at QUT contact the Human Resources Department on +61 7 3138 4104.