The Faculty of Health
Wellington, New Zealand
About the role
- Development of health psychology teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Coordinate courses and teach health psychology and related health topics
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaking research in health psychology
- Undertake innovative and valuable health-related research
- Be part of a vibrant team committed to improving health and wellbeing outcomes in Aotearoa NZ
- Contribute to the growing critical health psychology staff group in the School
- Engage with key stakeholders including government and district health boards
Skills and experience
- PhD essential
- Bring your health-related and health psychology experience and knowledge
- Active researcher and enthusiastic teacher
About the company
Victoria University of Wellington has over 22,000 students, including over 3,500 international students from more than 110 countries, as well as over 2,200 full-time equivalent staff with over 1,000 of those involved in teaching and research. The University fosters international links in teaching and research, and delivers programmes of national and international significance.
The Faculty of Health is the newest Faculty at Victoria University of Wellington, established in 2017. We are a team of passionate researchers and teachers from across the University that help prepare the next generation of health sector professionals in making a difference to New Zealanders' health and wellbeing. We are a team that values collaboration, innovative thinking, excellence in teaching, and critical and transformational engagement.
Please click on the link below 'Distinctive strengths - Health and wellbeing', which outlines Victoria's vision to improve our health and our health system.
- Salary NZD
- $75,456 - $90,157 p.a.
- Live in Wellington, New Zealand's creative and cultural capital
- Five paid university holidays each year in addition to your annual leave entitlement
- Development opportunities in leadership and management, research, and technology
- Superannuation schemes available
How to apply
For a full role description and to submit your application online please visit: www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies
Applications close Tuesday, 16 July 2019.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
For more information and to apply online visit http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies