The Leadership Development Office (LDO) in the Harper Center oversees a portfolio of developmental programs at the Booth School of Business. This includes an experiential class (LEAD) required of all MBA students, versions of which are also offered to Law and College students at the University. Other program offerings for the LDO include experiential workshops, managing several student leadership roles, creating and running leadership simulation exercises, a Leadership Practicum, and coaching—all for full-time MBA students.
Coaches play a lead role in designing and managing particular programmatic offerings. Additionally, each Coach supports our full complement of programs through activities such as individual and team coaching, leading workshops, and instruction. Finally, each Coach owns a set of administrative responsibilities necessary to the success of the Office. Coaches are part of a team that collectively manage all office activities.
Design and manage specific developmental programs:
- Understand MBA student learning needs and aspirations
- Create and implement developmental programming that catalyzes students’ growth as leaders
- Promote programs to attract and engage students
- Oversee daily operations for assigned programs
Coach individual students and student teams across all developmental programs; support the development of students’ capacities as leaders; this includes a broad array of responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Leadership Development colleagues to ensure the smooth and successful operation of all offerings
- Manage multiple action-learning teams of student leaders and serve as a process consultant
- Provide individual coaching, feedback, and support to students
- Serve as a content resource for students
- Engage with the student leader communities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer. The University’s Statement of Non-Discrimination. Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.