REAL PEOPLE- REMARKABLE HEALTHCARE
Community Health Partners-Livingston (CHP), where compassion meets healthcare. We’re seeking a full-time Lead Behavioral Health Consultant (LCSW or PhD in Clinical Psychology) committed to providing patient centered care, without judgment, and who is looking to improve the health of our community one individual at a time. This is an integrated model of care focusing on brief interventions with patients while working with the primary healthcare team. Previous clinical experience in primary care required. Collaboration, Respect and Flexibility highly valued. CHP has provided 20 years of high-quality, affordable, whole person care to all. If you join our team, we trust you will find CHP a meaningful and fun place to work. To apply, please send resume, references and letter of interest to Lander Cooney, email@example.com or 112 W Lewis Street, Livingston, MT 59047. CHP is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer. Background screen required upon offer. www.chphealth.org
COMMUNITY HEALTH PARTNERS, INC.
Community Health Partners (CHP) believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor CHP to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job Title: Lead Behavioral Health Consultant
Position Status: Exempt
Effective Date: 2/2019
Reviewed By: Director of Integrated Behavioral Health
The Lead Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC), provides leadership, consultation, and training in organizational efforts to design and implement care programs throughout appropriate sites. The Lead BHC, as part of the primary care team, provides behavioral health consultation to children,
adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial function. Supervision is under the Director of Integrated Behavioral Health Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement initial pilot of BHC role at CHP, and once established, support spread to appropriate sites.
- Provide consultation and development of integrated delivery systems in collaboration with the Director of Integrated Behavioral Health Services and members of the management team
- Consult with medical providers to develop assessment and treatment protocols as well as designing training programs for providers
- Design and implement formal training programs relative to specific topics on integrated care for primary care and behavioral health providers.
- Conduct meetings for direct patient assessment and intervention
- May provide direct supervision of clinical therapists and interns in the BHC role
- May provide leadership in the development and coordination of APA-approved pre-doctoral psychology internship program within the organization as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions
- Actively participate in meetings that support CHP’s integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric
problems and/or disorders
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques
- Monitor the sites’ behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Meet provider productivity expectations of 25 individual patient billable encounters per week for a 1.0 FTE employee, to be prorated for alternate FTEs
- Participate in problem-solving and Continuous Quality Improvement (E2) and risk management activities by applying LEAN principles, engaging in Patient Centered Medical Homes and Meaningful Use recognition programs and working to implement patient centered communication skills
- Serve as a member of committees as requested
- Participate in evaluation of peers and support staff
- Document all patient visits in the interest of the patient – primarily for the overall record of the development of a treatment plan. Ensure that patient charts are completed according to behavioral health standards with signature within 6 days of date of service so that all encounters
can be billed on the 7th day
- Further the mission of CHP through active support of the strategic goals
- Ability to report to work as scheduled and work a flexible schedule when needed which may include travel to other sites.