The Integrated Health Director, a practicing Psychologist, oversees an expanding Integrated Health Program that includes program development, supervision, consultative services, and grant writing. The Integrated Health Department includes Primary Care Psychologists, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, Tobacco Cessation Specialist, and Licensed Dietitian. The Integrated Health Director provides a mixture of clinical services which include behavioral health consultations and short-term therapy. Additionally, the Integrated Health Director contributes to organization initiatives such as Trauma-Informed Care, Team Based Care, and Patient Center Medical Home. The Integrated Health Director supports HR, staff professional development and provides staff trainings on an as needed basis. Participates on managers, electronic health record, and quality improvement committees.
- Able to effectively lead and direct the Integrated Health Department simultaneously to providing direct patient care.
- Actively participates in organizational initiatives including but not limited to Trauma-Informed Care, Team Based Care, and Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Expertise in organizational development.
- Will help further the department’s develop into Behavioral Medicine and deepen our integrated services. Our goal is to exceed Level 5 of SAMSHA’s level of integration
- Able to provide high quality clinical services based on evidence-based practices while completing documentation within 7 days.
- Functions as a consultant to patients, caregivers, families, and primary care staff.
- Able to provide services to patients that are tailored to their stage of readiness for change, effectively provides motivational strategies that leads to improved behavioral health and physical health outcomes.
- Excellent working knowledge of clinic protocols in an integrated primary care and behavioral health environment serving a broad spectrum of patients and families.
- Competent to participate in team-based care, patient center medical home, and have a population-based care framework.
- Assists primary care providers in providing behavioral health consultations to improve healthy behavior and deal with mental health/addictions concerns.
- Assists the clients in complying with any medical treatment initiated by the primary care provider, such as offering strategies to cope with medication side effects.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to unique diversity issues as they relate to patient health, culture, and socioeconomic circumstances; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates cultural competency, humility, and sensitivity.
- Strong attunement and adherence to legal and ethical standards of care.
- Oversees and develops Integrated Health programs including primary care psychology, substance use treatment, tobacco cessation, and nutrition counseling.
- Provides oversight and supervision to Integrated Health Department staff.
- Completes all personnel management of department staff including hiring, orienting, training, disciplining, and processing paperwork such as timesheets.
- Assists with writing Integrated Health Department policy, procedures and standards of care.
- Provides program development to ensure Integrated Health is meeting the mission of the health center and serving the community.
- Assists in collecting and preparing data for services provided.
- Serves as liaison to health plan behavioral health operations, i.e. AlohaCare to improve access to patient care and services.
- Participates in case conferences with other health care providers and acts as a consultant to staff and patients along with their families.
- Other essential duties and functions as outlined in the full job description available from Human Resources.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist with a specialization in health psychologists. At least five years of experience is preferred and preferably in Primacy Care Integrated environment.
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Clinics (FQHC) or community primary care clinics preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Trauma Informed Care, Patient Centered Medical Home, and Population Based Care
- Comfort and experience working across the lifespan.
- Hawaii Licensure required.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills as evidenced by training and multiple years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent ability to plan and organize for various projects.
- Excellent ability and knowledge working with the sensitivity of the culture and lifestyles of the clinic's patient population.
email@example.com Human Resources Director direct dial: 808-872-4077.