The Honors Program at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a 75% - 100% Instructor position to begin August 2019. Preference will be given to those with the ability to teach courses in the Natural and Social Sciences. Teaching responsibilities include 3-4 courses per semester depending on the level of appointment. Service responsibilities include service to the unit and the university.
Successful candidates will possess a record of superior classroom teaching in introductory and higher-level classes in their discipline and a willingness to engage with Honors students through co-curricular and enrichment activities. Requirements include a Ph.D. in either a Natural Science or Social Science discipline and two years of university teaching experience as instructor of record.
- PhD in either a Natural Science or Social Science discipline
- Two years of university teaching experience as an instructor of record
- Excellence in leading Honors level classes
Review of applications will begin on March 10, 2019; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please submit the materials listed below in PDF format to this posting at https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Instructor/15777? with the following naming convention “LastName_FirstName_NameofDocument”, i.e., Smith_John_CV:
- Cover Letter, which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Cover.pdf)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf)
- Copies of syllabi of courses taught (two or three) (LastName_FirstName_Syllabi.pdf)
- Course Evaluations (LastName_FirstName_Evaluations.pdf)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (LastName_FirstName_Teaching.pdf)
You will be asked by our system to provide three (3) professional references, who will be asked to submit a confidential letter of recommendation immediately upon application submission.
The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. This offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check as required by the University.