Inpatient Child Psychologist position available in sunny Florida! Apalachee Center, Inc. is seeking a full-time Inpatient Child Psychologist to join our team. Candidates must hold a Florida license.
For over half a century Apalachee has been providing services to individuals and families with emotional, psychiatric, and substance abuse crises. We are now the largest full service behavioral health facility in North Florida! We offer an outstanding salary and benefit package. Our beautiful hospital is located in a family oriented communities sporting two universities.
As the Child Psychologist you will be expected to supervise, coordinate, and oversee the psychology practicum training program. You will provide supervision and consultation for all departments as needed. You will also complete clinical assessments of psychological functioning and provide individual and/or group therapy on assigned units. Some of the other duties will include:
- Providing individual and group short term inpatient psychotherapy for children and youth.
- Provide psychological assessment and testing for inpatient child and youth clients referred by Medical staff as well as outpatient client referrals.
- Maintaining all required and appropriate documentation for clinical records for assigned cases in accordance with Clinical Record Handbook specifications or Agency policies and procedures.
- Developing, planning, supervising, and executing and acute inpatient short term psychological treatment program for the Apalachee Center Children's Unit, including group and individual therapy, psycho-education and psychosocial learning activities.
- Provides clinical supervision for interns and regular staff regarding child and youth interventions as directed and needed.
Apalachee Center, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires Apalachee Center, Inc. to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Apalachee Center, Inc. does not tolerate violence or harassment in the workplace. Apalachee Center, Inc. is an at-will employer. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Drug-free workplace. Apalachee serves Franklin, Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor and Wakulla counties