Play an integral role in our care teams by providing high-quality, cost-effective care to our patients as a Health Psychologist in two dynamic settings.
We are seeking a Health Psychologist to:
· Work with our Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Team to provide psychological assessments for patients undergoing fertility interventions including invitro fertilization, third party reproduction using donor egg, donor sperm, or donor embryo, and fertility preservation. Provide counseling to patients who are having difficulty coping with their reproductive health challenges.
· Provide individual and group Health Psychology services, in an outpatient Behavioral Health clinic, to patients who are referred by their medical providers due to difficulties coping with a variety of acute and chronic physical health concerns.
Minimum - Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology or related field
Minimum - One (1) year of post-doc experience in the area of Health Psychology or Behavioral Medicine
Preferred - One (1) year of clinical experience or two (2) years of post-doctoral experience in the area of Health Psychology or Behavioral Medicine, working in a medical setting
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Licensure or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in Wisconsin and CPR/BLS
Preferred - Eligible for listing in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Ability to conduct specialized psychological assessments for patients seeking infertility interventions
· Biopsychosocial model of understanding and treating behavior, illness, and the psychological effects of illness
· Ability to provide evidence-based treatments focused on skills building and the development of health promoting behaviors
· Ability to contribute to program development, outcome evaluation efforts, as well as training and education for UW Health staff and the community through seminars, consultation and teaching
· Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment and to collaborate with professionals across a variety of disciplines
· Flexibility in responding to day-to-day clinical service demands and provider staffing coverage needs within the Health Psychology service
This is a full-time, 100% FTE position working Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the departmentUW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.