Denver Health is currently recruiting for a full-time, doctoral-level Psychologist who will work for the Denver Health Forensic Psychiatry Service. This position exists to perform and ensure the quality and timely completion of court-ordered forensic evaluations and reports required by Denver County Courts and other evaluations referred to the Forensic Psychiatry Service. The evaluator is authorized to represent the Department in communication to Judges and Courts directly. A forensic evaluator must be a licensed psychologist by Colorado Statute. This position performs competency evaluations or any other forensic evaluation referred to the Service and provides a written report, containing a professional opinion to the courts and both attorneys assigned to a defendant's case. May participate in supervision and teaching for doctoral psychology trainees as a member of the Division of Psychology. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Licensed as a Psychologist by the State of Colorado.
• Doctoral degree in psychology.
• Previous experience of 4000 hours supervised clinical service, including completion of doctoral internship and one year postdoctoral experience; 2000 hours providing behavioral health services.
• Forensic Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship and competency evaluation experience preferred but not required
• Is able to provide psychodiagnostic assessment, intervention and patient education for patients commonly seen in the correctional care setting.
There are many benefits of practicing at Denver Health, including:
* Robust retirement package
* 300+ days of sunshine a year - you'll love our weather!
* Fantastic quality of life
* Mission-driven organization with a dedicated team of colleagues
* Access to abundant year round outdoor recreational activities, the Rocky Mountains, family-friendly communities, excellent schools, and a thriving cultural scene in downtown Denver.
Applicants interested in this position should submit CV/cover letter to:
Katie.Youll@dhha.org or apply online at www.denverhealth.org