Western State Hospital (WSH), is seeking a Psychologist to join a highly respected team committed to helping citizens of Washington State. You will be part of a Treatment Team responsible for assessing patients who are adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI).
You will collaborate on documenting the patient's level of dangerousness to public safety and developing clinical targets, in order for patients to progress in treatment to the point where they can be safely released into the community. Additionally, you will work with the hospital's quality assurance program and NGRI Ombudsman to review and make recommendation(s) for improvement.
Some of what you'll do
- Lead the Treatment Team staff in the process of case formulation as it relates to public safety risk and risk management planning for up to 30 NGRI patients;
- Assess the appropriateness of NGRI patients for privileges and liberties by using evidence based risk assessment methodology;
- Audit aspects of the NGRI program in relation to the requirements of BHA forensic policies;
- Provide consultation and training to professional and treatment staff;
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner; and
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and others as necessary.
We're looking for professionals who have:
- Licensed or eligible to obtain a license in Washington to practice psychology.
- Experience in providing clinical leadership and direction to treatment staff
- Ability and experience working directly with patients who have behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, and social problems and who may exhibit non-compliant and aggressive behavior;
- Ability to plan and develop effective behavioral intervention strategies/plans;
- Working knowledge on administering, scoring, and interpreting evidence based and applicable psychometric tests;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and public; and
- Experience working with a forensic population is highly desired.
*Pre-licensed applicants who have the required education and experience are eligible to apply.