Location: Conroe, TX
Facility: Montgomery County Mental Health Treatment Facility
Shift: Day 8 hour
Our Forensic Psychologist provides individual and group psychotherapy, conducts psychological evaluations and testing, and is an active member of the treatment team who provides staff education as needed on psychological issues. This position may be assigned responsibilities for developing, monitoring, and implementing behavioral management plans as well as assigned responsibilities for quality assurance monitoring.
Education: A PhD. or Psy. D. in clinical psychology from an accredited university
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in clinical psychology, skilled in organization, supervision, and state of the art treatment interventions
Licenses/Certifications: Current license as a Psychologist in the state of practice
- Provides individual training such as competency groups and psycho-education.
- Provides psychological assessments, FARS, and quality assurance reviews as required. Serves as a consultant to the multidisciplinary teams. - -------- Reviews assessments, case presentations, and quantitative chart reviews.
- Completes and submits Performance Improvement (PI) reports within necessary time frames. Follows up on all PI recommendations pertaining to responsible area. Assures PI Committee participation as designated to self and those supervised.
- Reviews, at least annually, all policies and procedures impacting area supervised.
- Supervises and trains the psychology students, provides training and education to the rest of the clinical team as needed, provides expert testimony to the court, serves on committees. Demonstrates knowledge of FS 490, ethical and related clinical principles.
- Completes thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of services provided that consistent with professional standards and hospital procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse reporting. Completion of mandatory training.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment. - Demonstrates cultural competency in all aspects of duties performed. This should be particularly evident in interactions with and treatment of patients. Attends and successfully completes competency training on an annual basis.
- Is honest, consistent, fair, positive, nurturing in daily interactions.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span development needs of each patient. Demonstrates age specific competency in all aspects of duties performed. This should be particularly evident in interactions with and treatment of patients. Attends and successfully completes competency training on an annual basis.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer