Faculty-Open Rank Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor
Pediatric Psychologist Position
The University of Illinois Chicago, Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, invites applications for a faculty full-time, non-tenure track position as a pediatric psychologist. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team in the assessment and treatment of developmental and psychological disorders. 50% of clinical time will be spent in developmental testing as an embedded psychologist within the Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic. Assessments may include screenings of intellectual functioning, academic achievement, and social/emotional functioning. Common diagnostic questions include intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, ADHD, and autism. The other 50% of clinical time will be spent conducting therapy within the Institute for Juvenile Research (IJR). Many patient referrals will be generated from the Pediatric Mood Disorders Clinic, Pediatric Stress and Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Comprehensive ADHD Clinic, Developmental Psychopharmacology Clinic, and Pediatric Neuropsychology Clinic (e.g., patients with comorbid cancer, epilepsy, sickle cell disease). Scholarly and educator activities will include clinical research and participation in the training of psychology externs/interns and medical residents/fellows.
- A PhD in clinical or school psychology with appropriate training in pediatric psychology and an APA-approved internship
- Strong experience in developmental evaluation, including the assessment of intellectual functioning, academic achievement, and social/emotional/behavioral functioning. Competency in the ADOS-2 is required
- Strong therapy skills and experience in the treatment of children/adolescents with autism, ADHD, various mood and anxiety disorders, as well as youth with comorbid medical conditions
- Comfort and skill working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Interest and experience working with underserved populations
- Illinois licensure or license-eligible
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary is competitive according to the recent Pediatric Psychologist salary survey. Applicants must apply online at http://jobs.uic.edu and reference Job ID 109645 and submit a CV with a letter describing clinical and scholarly interests and names of three professional references by March 15, 2019.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.