Applications are invited for: Faculty of Education
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor
The Faculty of Education of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is an international center for professional training and research in Education. The Faculty is ranked 20th internationally in the 2018 Times Higher Education subject ranking in Education (See http://www.fed.cuhk.edu.hk/).
The Faculty is seeking to fill 2 faculty positions in Professional Educational / School Psychology, one at the Assistant Professor rank and one at the Associate Professor or Professor Rank, to begin in August 2019. The Faculty is planning to establish a postgraduate programme in Professional Educational / School Psychology to commence in the 2019-20 academic year. The appointees should have the required credential or professional experience for practice as educational / school psychologist and they will be members of a distinguished academic team (in the Department of Educational Psychology of the Faculty) responsible for course development and instruction as well as research scholarship.
For the Assistant Professor position, applicants should have:
- Doctorate degree in Professional Educational / School Psychology
- Solid experience in teaching, research, professional practice supervision and service
- A track record of programmatic research and publications as well as potential for research grant writing
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship
For the Associate Professor / Professor position, in addition to 1-4 above, the applicants should have:
5. Strong record of publication and success in obtaining external research grants
6. Demonstrated academic and professional leadership internationally
7. Commitment to provide academic and research leadership in the Faculty
Appointments will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially, which, subject to mutual agreement, may lead to longer-term appointment or substantiation later. For the Professor position, candidates with an exceptional record of research and scholarship and a remarkable academic standing internationally may be considered for substantive appointment.
Applications will be accepted until the posts are filled and will be reviewed in mid-October 2018.
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the post above. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk.