The Executive Director of the Wellness Center visibly leads and promotes the integration of physical, emotional and intellectual development of the college’s student community. The position is responsible for administrative and financial management as well as the supervision and direction of all staff and services provided through the Wellness Center. The executive director participates in the provision of services consistent with clinical experience and licensure. Serves as the primary campus resource providing guidance to various constituents relating to topics/concerns that affect student health decisions.
- Provide vision, strategic planning, and assessment leadership for the center to advance the college and divisional mission
- Direct the clinical and daily operations of the Wellness Center. Supervision, coaching and mentoring of staff; overseeing the development of staff scheduling; managing and completing performance evaluations of staff as required
- Managing and insuring that all necessary compliance metrics are reached. Including but not limited to conducting chart review of clinical files and ensuring that all clinical work is in keeping with current practice standards; reviewing practice standards set for by ACHA, IACS, AAHC, and other organizations relevant to the practice of college health and ensuring that current center practices are in line with industry standards; overseeing and ensuring compliance with all grant requirements (e.g., Family Health Council); monitoring for changes in relevant state or federal healthcare laws and ensuring that center practices adhere to current statues
- Provide and coordinate consultation, education, and outreach services to faculty, staff, and students on developmental, mental health, and harm-reduction issues
- Serve as the expert consultant to college officials when they need to consider factors related to health as part of their decision-making process, utilizing staff expertise when the health issues at hand are outside the scope of practice of the Executive Director
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus to develop strategies for the prevention and intervention of health concerns (physical, behavioral, psychological) and for optimizing student strengths and health development
- Coordinate the center’s emergency and crisis response. Position serves on the campus emergency response team. Provide, as needed, support to students, staff and faculty in the event of a campus crisis
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. ”Emergency response personnel’ are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in to work at any time to respond to weather and or other types of emergencies as needed.