The EAC Consultant provides professional consultation regarding complex, acute and high-risk workplace behavioral health situations to all levels of Wells Fargo management, leadership and HR/ER professionals. The position requires advanced consultative skills preferably built upon a sound collaborative and influence based foundation with a preference toward internal consulting experience. The position requires a great deal of autonomy, comfort with an almost exclusive telephonic means of consultation and flexibility with job tasks and priorities. This position is 40 hours and will not have direct reports.
· Provides telephonic clinical/workplace consultation and case management for managers and team members covering a wide range of diagnostic categories and workplace behavioral health situations including: robberies and other critical workplace events, team member deaths, workgroup problems and a variety of team member behavioral health issues with impact to the workplace.
· Provides professional management consultation on all levels of acuity to managers, Human Resource Business Partners and Employee Relations professionals, and other corporate partners about complex behavioral health issues with impact to individual team members or work groups such as: Fitness for Duty concerns, Threats of Workplace Violence; Change and Resiliency, and TM mental health issues with impact to performance.
· Utilizes and masters advanced consultation methodologies with an emphasis on collaboration and reducing risk.
· Participates in the design and implementation of EAC products, including onsite and virtual presentations, and demonstrates high level Project Management expertise.
· Participates on one or more of EAC’s Service Delivery Teams (e.g., Quality Assurance, Robbery Support, Vendor Management, Data Metrics etc.).
· Exercises clinical risk management practices to minimize, behavioral, employment and reputational risks at the case level.
· Provides support for and builds new relationships with key stakeholders in one or more of Wells Fargo businesses through: relationship building, customized EAC services, management consultations, training development and delivery, risk management, and other services tailored to the unique needs of the businesses.
· Demonstrates excellent people management, communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills.
· Participates in Quality Assurance activities to ensure the delivery of high quality EAC products and Services.
· Participates in the management of vendor relationships and vendor services.
· Provides work trauma interventions and responses as needed. Ability to effectively consult with the highest level of managers, Human Resource and other corporate partners, and team members on a diverse range of topics. Excellent team work and conflict resolution skills. Comfort and skill in creating and developing business relationships that promote influence.
Required Qualifications: · An active Behavioral Health Professional license. · A Masters degree or higher with a behavioral health focus. · 4+ years of consulting experience in an organizational setting. Desired Qualifications: · Employee assistance consulting experience. · Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. · Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills. Other Desired Qualifications: · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) experience comprising: proficiency in the assessment of complex behavioral health issues in the workplace including potentially traumatic workplace incidents; disaster response; and severe mental health issues. · Post-Masters clinical experience. · Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP).
To APPLY use the link below and put in Job#: 5486631 https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psc/PSEA/APPLICANT_NW/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant
Additional Salary Information: Position is 10% Bonus Eligible (annual)