The University of Wyoming (UW) invites applications and nominations for the Director of the University Counseling Center (UCC). UW seeks a collaborative, creative and committed senior Student Affairs professional who supports student success, persistence, and completion by overseeing and further developing the programs and services of the UCC.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Director of the University Counseling Center:
· Provides administrative leadership and supervision for the University Counseling Center (UCC) and the Alcohol Wellness Alternatives, Research, Education (AWARE) program including nine FTE staff.
· Provides supervision and evaluation to the professional staff of these offices, including mental health clinicians, program directors/coordinators, and administrative support staff.
· Directs and ensures the supervision of employees toward WY licensure and promotes clinical initiatives through the allocation of continuing education funding.
· Responsible for directing the daily operations of the University Counseling Center clinic.
· Supervises budget development and review of multiple state and revenue-generated accounts serving these offices and programs.
· Delivers direct services to students, including individual, group and couples therapy, and crisis intervention services.
· Provides leadership and collaboration in campus consultation and outreach activities, including the development and delivery of services for a healthy and diverse campus community.
· Participates in university crisis prevention, preparedness, and response.
· Oversees the graduate education training programs, development and evaluation, and manages/monitors the clinical supervision of graduate trainees.
· Is available for limited consultation with campus faculty and staff on personal behavioral health issues; consults with all constituents regarding student’s behavioral health needs and crisis intervention.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs.