Public Agency Name: County of Ventura
Location: Ventura, CA 93003
Base Pay: $119,700.90 - $167,597.67 annually plus benefits
Industry: Health Care, Other
Manages Others: Yes
Job type: Management
Education: Advanced Degree
Experience: 4 years
Employee Type: Full-Time
Contact: Anna Ford
Phone: (805) 677-5153
From rolling hills to sweeping ocean views, Ventura County is located on California's "Gold Coast," approximately 50 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 30 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. The near perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74.2 degrees and a wonderful quality of life are a few of the reasons many of the 802,983 residents call Ventura County "home.”
Under general direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, plans, coordinates and directs County wide management operations in one of the divisions within the Behavioral Health Department. The Director of Strategy and Equity serves as a key role in the development of outreach and engagement efforts for vulnerable racial, ethnic, and cultural communities, including at-risk, underserved priority populations in Ventura County. As a member of the Department's management team incumbents plan, formulate policy and make administrative decisions in collaboration with the management team, County interagency representatives and community groups. Incumbents may also represent the Director of Behavioral Health in County and State Committees and meetings and perform special projects and studies as assigned.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a health, business or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of highly responsible and comprehensive experience leading, managing, developing, providing and evaluating mental health services for persons with serious mental illness and/or addictions in a highly complex Civil Service environment; OR,
- Four (4) years of comparable experience in a large community based organization working collaboratively through formal inter-agency relationships with public sector mental health programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Licensed Psychiatric Technician, Licensed Social Worker, Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse, or Marriage and Family Therapist
- Extensive experience in public policy within the Behavioral Health field
Filing Deadline: Continuous recruitment
To apply submit an online application at http://www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume to it or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Public Agency/Company Name: County of Ventura
Contact Name: Anna Ford
Contact Phone Number: 805-677-5153
Contact Billing Address: Anna Ford at County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1980, Ventura, CA 93009