San Francisco Bay Area Research Lab Seeks Director of Research
Connection Lab is seeking a full-time Director of Research to manage our research lab in the exciting and explosive areas of positive psychology (http://www.connectionlab.com). The ideal candidate will bring senior-level experience, strong motivation, and be a self-starter who is able to exercise leadership and broad autonomy, and act as a thought partner to help solve problems through a combination of strategic vision and strong administrative expertise. Deep understanding of technology and experience publishing in scholarly peer-reviewed journals is a must.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities;
· In collaboration with Founder/Principal Investigator, develop and manage a robust research program, including research agenda and the conceptualization and design of research studies.
· Create and manage research project timelines, tasks and activities.
· Supervise (and hire as needed) research staff, including a senior research scientist and research associates and assistants.
· Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques to support research activities and advise and direct research staff.
· Write and edit scholarly articles, papers, conference presentations, reports, and issue briefs.
· Produce PowerPoint presentations and various forms of data visualization, including tables, maps, and graphics.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
· Doctoral degree in psychology, educational psychology, social work, or associated field with an emphasis in research.
· At least 5 years, post-PhD, experience in managing a research program.
· Publishing and professional conference presentation experience. A strong record of publications and grant writing is ideal.
· Strong quantitative skills, and qualitative research skills ideal.
· Experience managing a research program and supervising research staff.
· Exemplary writing and editing, including facility in using APA style.
· Knowledge of and experience in quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS, R, or STATA. Ideally also has experience using qualitative analyses software such as NVivo.
· Ability to absorb and synthesize large amounts of information and data quickly
· Discretion, creativity, maturity, and good judgment.
· Ability to be team player and work in a virtual collaborative environment while also working independently on assigned tasks.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Highly attractive/competitive salary with full benefits package. Annual salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest plus a CV to email@example.com