Southeastern Virginia Training Center is an Intermediate Care Facility which provides highly structured habilitation services including life in a residential neighborhood, care support/training, and learning opportunities in areas such a employment, communication, language, self-care, independent living, socialization, recreation, leisure, music, academic skills and motor development for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This state of the art campus consists of fifteen five-bedroom homes in the Steppingstones at Greenbrier neighborhood.
Southeastern Virginia Training Center is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system.
SEVTC invites applications for the position of Director of Psychology. This position will provide leadership, oversight, and supervision to the Psychology Department to include comprehensive psychological assessments, behavioral planning and person centered services. The selected incumbent will also provide consultation, leadership, and training, especially as related to behavioral interventions, in support of both staff, individual, and clinical services as needed.
- Provides direct administrative supervision of Psychologists, Behavioral Specialists and clinical supervision as needed
- Observes their performance and documentation, gives feedback and instruction, and initiates performance improvement plans when needed
- Develops plans, policies, and procedures related to Psychology Services, and updates them annually
- Evaluates the delivery of Psychology Services annually and plans revisions as needed
- Coordinates Psychology Services with other clinical departments
- Performs and maintains credentialing of licensed clinical psychologists
- Develops and maintains annual Psychology budget
- Assess and authorize the use of restraint use on individuals serviced based on DBHDS/SEVTC/CMS regulations, instructions and or the behavior support plan of the individual. (On a rotating schedule and On-Call)
- Ensures compliance with Hospital Competencies and Training Requirements as documented by training/competency records
- Documents adherence (or failure) to facility values as evidenced by review of supervisory records
- Serves as the Psychology Department representative on the Clinical Committee, Quality Council, Department Head and Person-Centered Supports Division Leadership and/or any workgroup or committee assigned by the Person-Centered Supports Division Director to assures the quality and operations and clinical practice
- Supports evaluation of treatment interventions and results and promotes the use of data for purposes of performance improvement and program development
- Will participate in the on-call rotation with other Psychologists
This position has pay options to include base salary and assistance with relocation expenses based on DHRM and SEVTC Compensation Policy and Procedures.
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program required
- Must have a current, unrestricted license in the Commonwealth of VA as a Clinical Psychologist or have a similar license in another state and able to obtain a Virginia license within one year of start date.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license required. Candidates with out-of-state Driver’s License must provide a copy of their driving record transcript within 30 days of employment
- Experience as a clinical psychologist
- Experience in providing clinical and administrative supervision of psychologists and behavioral specialists
- Demonstrated ability in working on projects that require consultation to, and building cooperative relationships with, professional staff of other disciplines
- Experience in designing and conducting training programs
- Previous experience designing and implementing new programs or services, in response to changing demands
- Extensive knowledge and skill in design and delivery of Psychology Services in a training centered setting
- Extensive knowledge and skill in direct clinical and administrative supervision of psychologists and behavior specialists in an training center and/or behavioral healthcare setting
- Demonstrated skills in the development of behavioral plans, family support
- Skilled in conducting psychological assessments
- Extensive knowledge and skill in planning and implementing psychological and behavioral interventions with Dually Diagnosed, Intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health individuals
- Knowledge and skill in application of management practices, including skill in managing the effective and efficient day-to-day delivery of person-centered behavioral principles
- Knowledge and skill in application of measures, to support data-based clinical decisions
- Ability to design and conduct training programs
- Ability to use a computer as part of a networked system
- Excellent writing skills, for preparation of policies and correspondence
- High level verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with other disciplines
Experience working with ID/DD and dually diagnosed populations preferred.
AN FBI/State Police criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen will be required prior to employment.
Applicants should show interest in this position by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material(s).
Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring that the application and supplemental materials thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications. For full consideration, a completed application must be received online by 11:59PM on the “Job Close Date”
Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
Southeastern Virginia Training Center conducts a comprehensive and thorough fingerprint-based background check. The background check may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review as well as a pre-employment oral drug screen.
Minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people with National Service experience are encouraged to apply.
EEO/AA/TTY. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes. Contact 757-424-8231 for assistance.
Southeastern Virginia Training Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities are open to applicants without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics or disability.