The Director of Counseling Services is a visionary, innovative, and collaborative leader and strong clinician to oversee the university’s counseling center. Through an approach of prevention, education, treatment, and care, the Counseling Center team is missioned to provide a positive impact on the mental health, wellbeing, and academic success of all students through services that promote resiliency, capacity building, and facilitate optimal student development and growth.
The Director plays a vital role in the assessment of counseling staff clinical competencies, evaluating intake protocol, ensuring appropriate treatment planning and documentation, providing crisis intervention and management, expanding outreach initiatives, and developing a strong referral network. The ideal candidate for this position will provide leadership, vision, financial management, policy formation, assessment and strategic planning to enhance the delivery of comprehensive mental health initiatives and psychological services. This position is also responsible for ADA compliance for all students including but not limited to identification of students with disabilities, coordination of appropriate accommodations, and communication of student accommodations with faculty and maintenance of confidential student ADA files. Further, the Director will be called upon to regularly inform university leadership on mental health issues that affect Chaminade University of Honolulu students in an environment that embodies Catholic Marianist values, is primarily residential, and encompasses traditional age students. This position reports to the Dean of Students.
· Must hold independent clinical licensure as a PhD or PsyD in Counseling or Clinical/Counseling Psychology from an accredited university;
· Must obtain Hawaiʻi licensure within six months of start date and maintain license throughout duration of employment;
· 7 years of relevant and progressive professional clinical experience in administering collegiate mental health services;
· Expert knowledge of the mental health needs and concerns of a college-aged population;
· Possess active experience in crisis intervention and emergency management operations within a university setting;
· 2 years of supervision of professional staff or comparable experience;
· Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with various constituents;
· Articulated passion for promoting holistic wellbeing and enhancing student learning;
· Excellent written communication skills;
· Attention to detail; and
· Ability to work on an on-call basis as a part of a 24/7 crisis response system that may require the person to respond to campus or a hospital/mental health facility after hours.
Experience and Skills
· Experience with a multifaceted budget, including general financial management and accountability, data base systems, and spreadsheets;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives, programs, and responsibilities while ensuring clinical excellence in the provision of direct services;
· Demonstrated experience in establishing and facilitating strategic goals;
· Demonstrated analytical skills to identify problems, assess alternatives, and render consistent, logical decisions;
· Ability to write concise, logical, and persuasive reports;
· Capacity to independently manage a variety of tasks with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities;
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Google Suite, email, and other software related to counseling center;
· Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding, and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with multiple constituency groups;
· Proven success working with a range of culturally and ethnically diverse populations, and evidence of commitment to fostering equity, inclusion, and a collaborative multicultural environment; and
· Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, service in leadership, and balanced lifestyles, while possessing exceptional verbal communication skills, enthusiasm, positive attitude, and be a self-starter with the ability to instill the same in others.
Chaminade University of Honolulu is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online at Chaminade University Employment Opportunities: https://chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities/