Lewis and Clark College is seeking an energetic administrator and mental health clinician to serve as the Director of Clinical Services in the Counseling Service. This is a full-time, 9.5-month position. The Director oversees the day-to-day clinical operations of the Counseling Service, supervises most clinical counseling staff, and supervises front desk operations. The Director is an active and positive member of the Counseling Service Leadership Team, which also includes the Chief Psychologist and the Associate Director for Training. This team sets goals and assesses outcomes for the Counseling Service. The Director for Clinical Services also provides direct clinical services to a caseload of student clients.
Lewis & Clark is dedicated to the goal of building a talented, culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Accordingly, we seek candidates who demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within socially, culturally, and economically diverse communities. Further, we are committed to the professional development of staff, and offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance; a retirement plan; a tuition assistance program for employees and eligible dependents; and generous vacation benefits.
- Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or closely related discipline
- Demonstrated sensitivity and commitment to multicultural issues, and proven ability to counsel and support diverse individuals and groups
- Licensed as a psychologist, social worker, counselor, or marriage and family therapist by the state of Oregon, or eligible for such licensure by the start of employment
- Minimum of three years experience providing clinical services in a college mental health setting
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong clinical and supervision skills
- Doctorate in psychology, counseling, social work, or closely related discipline
- Prefer five years of experience in the delivery and/or administration of mental health services
- Licensed as psychologist in the state of Oregon, or eligible for such licensure by the start of employment
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin on April 4th and continue until the position is filled.
Starting date: Preferred start date is August 12, 2019.
Questions? Contact Mark Duntley at email@example.com or 503-768-7082