The Director of Academic Development and Student Affairs will provide direct oversight for Academic Success and enrichment (CASE), assist the Associate Dean of Student Affairs in carrying out the mission of the Office of Student Affairs, provide consultation to the Dean's Office (upon request) as it relates to curriculum development issues and optimizing academic achievement, keep abreast of national trends in student development and support as it relates to above. Work with ADSA and Dean’s Office to publish and present at national and regional conferences
1. Work with the Office of Student Affairs to track academic progress of all students.
2. Assess students having academic difficulty and develop plans of intervention.
3. Liaison with the RBHS Office of Disability Services to assist students needing accommodations.
4. Provide academic assistance to all students regardless of performance.
5. Develop and oversee programs to improve student performance e.g., addressing study skills development, preparation for USMLE.
6. Develop written and web based materials to assist students as they transition through medical school.
7. Work with faculty to develop programs designed to assist students with academic difficulty.
8. Develop and Implement Programs that will enhance our faculty's capacity to assist student learners and address their academic needs in collaboration with the Offices of Student Affairs and Education.
9. Work with Office of Special Programs to develop and implement efforts to improve academic success of incoming students targeted under the FIRST (pre matriculation program).
10. Collaborate and provide expertise to other RBHS schools on all matters related to student success including accommodations and learning assessments.
11. Serve as the Director of the Collaborative Approach to Learning Medicine (CALM) Program and supervise students in the provision of peer mentoring and tutoring.
12. Serve as the Director of the Embracing New Goals to Adapt, Grow and Evolve (ENGAGE) Program and work with the ADSA to administer this wellness program to all students.
13. Provide advisement to students regarding academic, professional and personal issues.
14. Serve on tracking team which monitors the academic progress of all medical students.
15. Provide appropriate referrals to students in need of mental/physical health services.
16. Serve as Liaison with other services (e.g. Student Wellness Program, Office of Disability Services) to insure that students are adequately served.
17. Participate in planning events and activities overseen by the Office of Student Affairs.
18. Represent the ADSA at meetings as assigned.
19. Assist the ADSA in preparation for all LCME accreditation visits/progress reports.
20. Understands and adheres to Rutgers’ compliance standards as they appear in RBHS’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Rutgers’ regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
2. Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.