Florida International University is classified by Carnegie
as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and
recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public
research university with leges and schools that offers 196
bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as
engineering, computer science, international relations,
architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor
institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the
local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most
challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a
major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000
degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and
three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the
Miami Beach Urban Studios.
FIU's Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a
unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also
supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three
Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the
Wolfsonian-FIU, and the
Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of
Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating
in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit
Oversees departmental operations of Counseling and Psychological Services, as well as the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the department.
- Directs the administration of clinical services including crisis implementing student affairs programs and services for Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Provides strategic leadership in planning, developing and implementing student affairs programs and services for Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Recruits, s, and retains talented professionals to be part of Counseling and Psychological Services. Inspires, motivates, and develops employees.
- Develops programs and services designed to enhance students' academic success, social development, and overall collegiate experience especially as it relates to their mental health.
- Partners with departments and works closely with faculty, staff and students to achieve goal of improving student support and student mental health.
- Designs effective strategies to accomplish divisional goals and objectives.
- Oversees the departmental resources and budget(s) to achieve optimal results.
- Ensures compliance with the Division and University policies as well as compliance with applicable Florida statutes and professional guidelines.
- Interacts with various internal and external groups and organizations regarding student affairs matters, and represents the department(s)/division at local, regional and national events or conferences.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and presents materials to various members of the university community in verbal and written at related to students' mental health.
- Maintains a high level of contact with students, faculty, and staff concerning major policy decisions and the resolution of concerns and problems. Contacts the FIU community regarding programs and services offered.
- Represents Counseling and Psychological Services on university wide teams including Behavioral Intervention Team and Title IX. Serves on other committees as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Oversees quality assurance, accreditation of services (SACS and IACS) and graduate training programs (APA and APPIC).
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Educational Psychology or comparable discipline with an APA accredited internship. Five (5) years post licensure and three (3) administrative/supervisory responsibility.
- Licensed Psychologist
- Obtain Florida DOH Qualified Supervisor Certification (after 6 months of employment)
- Must be a licensed psychologist in the State of Florida at the time of hire or license eligible if licensed in another state.
Supervised practicum and internship experience.
Proven experience in a campus health or counseling center or comparable ambulatory healthcare facilities.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: Starting at $125,000, commensurate with experience.
Criminal Background Check
How To Apply
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line athttp://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening 515839.
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process.
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF at. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2016/04/Campus_Security_Report__Safety_Guide.pdf.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a al complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, or, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender entity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7rv5xv3gypp5wjp2