Director, Academic Assessment
Responsible for leading, developing, encouraging and managing the university's academic assessment processes to support faculty efforts for continuous improvement of student learning and achievement. This includes providing expertise and support for faculty across the three campuses to design and conduct meaningful, manageable, and effective assessment; coordinating routine program reporting of results on student learning outcomes; working closely with faculty and other academic leaders to integrate continuous improvement efforts based on these results; preparing analyses and summaries of the university's academic assessment and other quality evaluation efforts, and communicating these to various internal and external stakeholders as needed; supporting accreditation processes related to academic assessment. Reports to the Vice Provost for Strategy and Educational Effectiveness.
1. Provides leadership and expertise in quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques and serves as a three campus resource on related matters.
2. Assists faculty in the development and implementation of assessment, especially in regard to program- and institutional-level outcomes, but also for other dimensions of academic quality as needed.
3. Helps departments and academic leaders understand how to integrate assessment findings in a productive way into their scholarly, instructional and planning activities.
4. Ensures annual reporting of academic program assessment results; researches and writes annual university-wide report on student learning to university stakeholders, visualizing data and results in accessible formats.
5. In partnership with faculty and the Center for Teaching and Learning, designs and conducts professional development on assessment-related topics.
6. Manages assessment content on the university website and in the academic assessment management system.
7. Integrates meaningful assessment activities and results with accreditation processes.
8. Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of assessment experience and academic leadership in a post-secondary institution.
• Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Doctorate or terminal degree highly desirable.
• Prefer ability to use data visualization software to tell stories with data and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences.
• Classroom teaching experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise:
• Strong quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting skills, including ability to tailor reports to variety of stakeholder audiences.
• Knowledge of assessment principles and tools in higher education and experience in design of variety of assessment tools, such as surveys, focus groups, rubrics and benchmarking.
• Experience using university-level data to support faculty in evaluating student learning and programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively with diverse faculty and staff from multiple disciplines and functions.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate complex issues effectively and influentially to a variety of internal and external audiences.
• Superb writing skills.
• Experience with or willingness to learn data visualization and other visual reporting techniques.
• Highly organized, self-directed, with ability to design and manage projects independently as well as part of a team.
• Meticulous attention to detail in all work products.
• Strong computer skills and fluency in a variety of job-related software programs (e.g., MS Office suite, statistical software, learning management system, assessment management system); quick learner of new programs as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with the use of a computer, phone and other office equipment.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours. May require working non-traditional hours and travel.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1649931
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.