Baylor University Counseling Services is seeking a Crisis Care Counselor responsible for providing initial assessment, crisis intervention, case management, and outreach programs to students who have experienced a traumatic event or other crises. Specifically, this position will help students connect to campus and local resources for support including OALA, Title IX, Baylor PD, Student Conduct, Health Center, etc.; and inform students of the right to report a crime to campus or local law enforcement.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed or license eligible as a Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, or LPC in Texas
- Experience and ability to manage challenging people including student and campus crisis situations
- Be successful communicating and interacting with all campus populations including students, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrate a committed Christian faith and lifestyle consistent with the mission of Baylor University
This position is located in Baylor's Department of Counseling Services in the campus Student Life Center, and reports to the Associate Director of Clinical Services. Baylor provides liability insurance and will assist with licensing and exam costs if the selected candidate is license eligible.
A Master's Degree, three years of relevant work experience, and a Christian faith are required. A doctoral degree and five years of relevant work experience are preferred. Previous experience in a university or college counseling center is desired, but not required.
Please submit an on-line application at Crisis Care Counselor along with a cover letter and resume.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/v8cw69bn5swrwyky