Baylor University’s Counseling Services provides a variety of critical resources to our student population. The Coordinator of Outreach Services performs an essential function in implementing and creating awareness of available programs and resources. Additionally, this position provides counseling services including both individual and group therapy sessions. This position may be filled at either the Psychologist or Clinician level.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
· Support Assistant Director of Community and Diversity Programs in reviewing and implementing outreach events for consistency with the mission and vision of the university, Student Life, and the BUCC Leadership Team
· Coordinate delivery of outreach programs for the department (including annual BUCC signature event)
· Maintain records of outreaches provided and number of contacts
· Manage outreach website and social media accounts
· Provide prevention and educational outreach programs to students and staff
· Supervise HESA graduate student & oversee interview process in conjunction with the HESA Program
· Advise a student-run organization (Active Minds) that is guided by the Counseling Center
· Represent the Counseling Center at university events
· Participate in national conferences, organizational membership, and list serves on outreach in University Counseling Centers.
To learn more or to apply, please click here
For specific minimum degree requirements and years of relevant work experience, please review the complete job descriptions at the link above. Baylor University is a leading Christian institution of higher education and an active Christian faith is required. Applicants must be currently licensed and eligible to be licensed in the State of Texas as a psychologist, LCSW, LPC, or LMFT. Previous experience in a university or college counseling center is desired, but not required.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
· Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
· Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
· Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
· Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
· Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.