SWVMHI is seeking an experienced mental health clinician with program leadership experience to direct the Clinical Services Division at a progressive, recovery-oriented psychiatric hospital. In a Values-driven setting, SWVMHI provides outstanding care to adults with complex behavioral health, health, substance use, legal, and other challenges. The Clinical Director provides overall leadership and management to Unit Programs Directors, and to the Directors of Community Services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Psychology/Forensics, and Social Work. The position plays a key role in support of the Hospital Director in developing and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships, as well as works in a close, collaborative manner with the Chief Nurse, the Medical Director, and other Executive Team members.
- Graduate degree in mental health field
- Experience providing clinical/program supervision required
- Strongly prefer professional experience in clinical practice as a direct service provider to persons with serious mental illness with progressive experience in the management of inpatient psychiatric services, program development, and budget administration
- Prefer experience in an inpatient setting, including experience in meeting Joint Commission and CMS certification/accreditation standards
- Leadership style that promotes a supportive and inclusive environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Experience implementing principles of performance improvement, risk management, human resource management, and fiscal/budgeting are strong preferences for the position
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience, moving and relocation allowance.
To Access the State Application visit our website: www.swvmhi.dbhds.virginia.gov/or visit our Recruitment Management System (RMS) Website at: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. We accept applications only through the RMS System