The Clinical Services Coordinator for Counseling Services at the UDC Counseling and Wellness Center provides comprehensive psychological services, clinical supervision, and mental health outreach programs to meet the mental health and developmental needs of students and others in the campus community. The Clinical Services Coordinator functions as a clinician and also has core administrative, training, and outreach responsibilities. The Clinical Services Coordinator provides oversight and coordination of the Center's clinical training program. The ideal Clinical Services Coordinator is a hard-working, bright, energetic, team-oriented professional who enjoys working with marginalized communities.
The Clinical Services Coordinator provides mental health services to university students, including initial assessment, crisis management, individual and group therapy, and provides clinical supervision of non-licensed trainees. In addition to direct clinical services, all clinicians of the Counseling Center are required to promote the Counseling Center’s mission and mental health awareness through mental health outreach, clinical training and supervision, and program coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provision of individual and group counseling, supervision of interns, outreach and prevention, brief psychological assessment, and crisis intervention
· Supervises graduate level psychology trainees and psychiatric residents
· Plans and administers training activities for graduate level clinical trainees
· Implements a system of assessment and evaluation for all major facets of his/her work
· Serves on University committees or task forces related to student development and student retention
· Develops and participates in outreach services to meet the mental health needs of the University student community, including educational workshops, groups, student activities, consultation and training programs for faculty and staff
· Performs other duties as assigned