We’re hiring Psychologists to join our growing Health Care Group in Alberta CANADA.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic multidisciplinary rehabilitation team? CBI Health Group has an opening for a full-time Clinical Psychologist, Specialized Services.
We’re hiring in Edmonton, Calgary and Fort McMurray
This is an occupationally focused role in which the Clinical Psychologist is responsible for the provision of specialized services for clients within multi-disciplinary programs, group programs as well as individualized sessions. The provision of comprehensive psychological assessments is also required.
We are looking for a Psychologist who possesses a high level of clinical expertise in the areas of occupational rehabilitation, injury management, pain, chronic disease, brain injury and mental health (depression/anxiety/trauma). As an experienced Psychologist, you provide expertise in psychological assessment, diagnosis, evaluation, interventions, monitoring of progress/outcomes, return to work/discharge recommendations and reporting. In addition to addressing the diagnoses, the Psychologist provides services to address coping strategies, pain management, role of mindset, managing workplace stress/barriers, and motivation.
This opportunity is well suited to professionals seeking to work in collaboration with other team members which could include, but are not limited to; Physicians, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Vocational Specialists and Kinesiologists. The caseload consists of clients who are referred by various funders such as worker’s compensation, disability insurers, automobile insurers, as well as by public health/primary care. If you are passionate about return to function and the value that gainful employment plays in the lives of many, this is a good fit for you.
Qualifications and Formal Education:
- Doctoral degree in psychology from an institution approved by the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Education, training and supervision in psychology practice
- Current or eligible for registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Membership with the Psychologists is encouraged
- Maintenance of individual professional liability/malpractice insurance required
- Relevant clinical practice experience preferred, preferably in an interdisciplinary clinic setting and occupational rehabilitation
- Experience with psychological testing and assessment
- Experience working with a variety of third-party payers considered an asset (i.e., Workers’ Compensation Board, Auto Insurers, Disability Insurers, etc.)
- Clinical experience in the objective assessment and provision of appropriate psychological intervention with a variety of conditions that impact on overall functional abilities
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience providing supervision to other psychologists/students
- Ability to work both autonomously, as well as part of an interdisciplinary health care team
- Efficiency and responsiveness in provision of required clinical documentation
- Ability to understand the funding system and expectations and integrate this into a client-centered treatment plan
- Demonstrated work ethic, reliability, maturity and flexibility
- Caseload management and leadership skills required in this dynamic work setting
- Occupational Rehabilitation an asset
To find out more, or to apply for one of these opportunities, please contact Heather Kardal email@example.com or (403) 801-2253
About CBI Health Group:
For over 40 years, CBI has been working every day to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians.
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of over 13,000 physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.