ICF is seeking a Clinical Psychologist with experience providing behavioral health services in primary care settings as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary team operating in a Primary Care Behavioral Health model. The Psychologist will support the Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE), the center within the Defense Health Agency (DHA) that provides psychological health care support to the nation’s Service members, veterans, and families. PHCoE collaborates with Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs, and other agencies by providing leadership and expertise, informing policy, and driving improvements in psychological health outcomes.
The Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) branch requires a Clinical Psychologist to provide clinical expertise to inform development of curriculum, programs, training, and program evaluation for PCBH programs across DoD. The selected candidate must have expertise in evidence-based treatment methods and techniques addressing a wide variety of health and medical conditions commonly seen in a primary care behavioral health settings. He/She will develop and deliver program curriculum, lead training and education activities, assist with developing research protocols, provide clinical and research expertise to collaborating agencies, analyze and prepare data and relevant information for presentations and publications, and respond to agency inquiries related to primary care behavioral health topics.
The selected candidate must have demonstrated experience treating patients with behavioral health needs in an interdisciplinary primary care setting, and must possess a solid knowledge base related to evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines. He/She will need to demonstrate a strong understanding and knowledge of an interdisciplinary team-based treatment approach to managing patients with behavioral health needs in a primary care setting (i.e., the PCBH model of collaborative care). Although not an absolute requirement, a history of publishing peer-review journal articles and other scholarly documents is nice to have.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide PCBH subject matter expertise as a member of multi-disciplinary teams of clinicians developing and disseminating curriculum, best practice, guidelines; supporting implementation of the same content; and supporting the evaluation of the same
- Develop curriculum and deliver training material in-person and via webinar
- Conduct systematic literature reviews to inform execution of knowledge translation projects and programmatic developments
- Promote development and implementation of best practices in military psychological health care by exercising the skills of a reflexive and reflective practitioner
- Conduct basic analyses of data from questionnaire studies assessing the psychosocial characteristics
- Serve as a liaison with the collaborating agencies, regarding issues of psychological research and study design
- Apply PCBH subject matter expertise to respond to, or provide input to responses to, inquiries from DHA and other external agencies
- Support complex projects related to psychological health care prevention, assessment, treatment, program evaluation, and recovery
- Maintain active engagement with current developments in the field of clinical psychology and related disciplines
- Perform administrative duties related to coordinating training activities as related to Primary Care Behavioral Health
- Clearly communicate (speaking and writing) to diverse audiences to convey clinical processes, problems, and solutions
- Prepare data for presentations and publications
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience with, the Primary Care Behavioral Health model of care with integrated behavioral health in a primary care setting (PCBH model of collaborative care)
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, preferably with focus in health psychology (e.g., doctorate degree specialization, postdoctoral work)
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical or research experience in primary care after completion of pre-doctoral internship
- Expertise as an actively collaborating team member treating patients in an interdisciplinary primary care behavioral health setting
- Collaborate easily with peers, managers, and clients while leading product development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of client’s timelines and budgets
- Experience in a training environment
- Experience in curriculum development
- Write or develop concise reports, spreadsheets, documents and presentations containing relevant details and information using common computer-based applications
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.