Summa Health is seeking a Psychologist passionate about Weight Management to join our employed physician group. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state of Ohio.
· Provide integrated care within our comprehensive weight management program
· Provide individual and group psychotherapy with patients from the community in addition to patients pursuing surgical and non-surgical weight loss goals
· Assist the team and patients by providing onsite consultation education brief assessment to address patients both surgical and non-surgical behavioral health needs
· Work with obesity medicine specialists bariatric surgeons dieticians nurses and a comprehensive team of support staff to provide team based patient centered care
· Coordinate with community resources
· Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
· License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
· Preferred candidate will have experience in weight management and/or health psychology, integrated care and/or providing psychological services to adults, children and adolescents.
· Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
· Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
· Faculty appointment is available at the Northeast Ohio Medical University
· Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance
· Full time availability and flexibility to work at multiple locations along with some early evening hours
· Summa Health Behavioral Health Institute practices a patient-centered philosophy and is committed to meeting each patient’s mental health needs in a holistic manner
· Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.