CLINICAL or MEDICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
OCHSNER HEALTH SYSTEM NORTH SHORE is seeking a CLINICAL or MEDICAL PSYCHOLOGIST to practice in Mandeville. Candidates must have a PhD in Clinical Psychology from an APA approved university, be licensed or eligible for licensure in Louisiana, and have the ability to prescribe medications. The ideal candidate will have strong assessment skills and be able to work with clients of various ages. Salary offered will be competitive and commensurate with experience and training.
- Will function and collaborate as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team treating patients with a variety of medical conditions including obesity, chronic pain, epilepsy, cancer, heart failure, pre and post transplantation
- Provide a full range of psychotherapeutic interventions to include: dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive processing therapy and mindfulness
- Conduct neuropsychological and psychological assessments of medical patients including pre-surgery evaluations for patients seeking bariatric surgery and pain management procedures
- Provide a full range of services including psychological testing, individual, group and family based psychotherapy
- Conduct comprehensive assessments, diagnostic evaluations, and therapeutic treatment of mental health disorders in adults and adolescents
As a suburb of New Orleans, the North Shore region, offers a family oriented community with the amenities of New Orleans just 30 minutes away. The North Shore is known for the many festivals, parks, and community events throughout the year. Additionally, St. Tammany Parish is ranked #1 in the state for its outstanding, award winning school system. The North Shore offers an entire network of advanced healthcare services with over 160 physicians and 60 APPs who deliver integrated care at our facilities located in Abita Springs, Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, New Orleans East, and Pearl River, as well as our Urgent Care facilities located in Covington and Mandeville.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 60 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 18,000 employees and over 1,200 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies.
Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Interested candidates should apply to: https://ochsner.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/OchsnerPhysician/job/Mandeville---Northshore-Region---Louisiana/CLINICAL-or-MEDICAL-PSYCHOLOGIST_REQ_00031851/apply
Sorry, no opportunities for J1 applications.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.