Royster is seeking two immediate Clinical Psychologists (Behavioral Health Optimization Program (BHOP) and Mental Health) to provide healthcare support to our active duty soldiers and their families at USAF Academy CO.
- Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct and MTF privileges.
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews psychological testing and collateral sources as appropriate. Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illness or injuries.
- Assist in the rehabilitation of patients.
Duties/Tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology Clinical/Counseling Psychology.
- Responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques including interviewing behavioral assessment evidenced-based therapies and psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing in the evaluation diagnosis and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders.
The following are desirable skills:
- Individual family and group psychotherapy and couples therapy alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
- Consults with medical personnel legal authorities military commanders and school districts as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen as appropriate and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment as required.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Graduate from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association
- Must have recent clinical experience within the past two years