The Child Mind Institute is proud to announce the opening of a new offering, the Autism Center. The Autism Center is an integrated research lab and clinical service with an emphasis on understanding the neurobiology of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and providing evidence-based treatment. Clinicians work intensively with children, parents, and teachers, and in collaboration with internal and external clinical partners. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in both research and clinical programs, and to contribute to a dynamic and collaborative team.
The team is seeking a passionate and energetic Clinical Psychologist to who is interested in providing evidence-based outpatient treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with autism spectrum and related disorders and who may also have comorbid related conditions. These treatments include, but are not limited to: applied behavior analysis, behavioral parent training, social skills training, cognitive behavioral therapy, school consultation, and coordination with collateral providers. The role will also include opportunities to provide diagnostic evaluations to determine clinically indicated treatments and supports.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Autism Center. This is an exempt, full-time, position.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks program.
- Provide evidence-based outpatient treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with autism and related disorders, including comorbid anxiety, mood and behavior disorders
- Conduct family/community-based and targeted interventions with parents, schools and other family members, and maintain collateral contacts with educators and other providers
- Complete comprehensive diagnostic evaluations which include:
- Obtaining pertinent clinical history
- Administering semi-structured tools (ADI-R, ADOS-2, Kiddie-SADS)
- Collecting necessary additional data (i.e., with ratings scales, collateral contact, etc.)
- Delivering feedback and appropriate treatment recommendations
- Manage timely clinical documentation and evaluation reports
- Collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary team, including clinicians from other clinical and research centers
- Provide clinical supervision to staff and trainees
- Conduct public workshops on autism support and treatment for community outreach
- PhD or PsyD from an APA-accredited program
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
- New York State psychology license
- Advanced training and experience regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder and related conditions, particularly with children and adolescents
- Proficiency in providing behavioral and cognitive-behavioral interventions
- Training in ADOS-2, ADI-R administration and scoring
- Experience supervising and training clinicians
- Flexibility to work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Team player with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Familiarity with using an electronic medical record preferred
- Passion for the Child Mind Institute mission
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.