The Anxiety Disorders Center is one of four programs that comprise the rapidly expanding Clinical Program of the Child Mind Institute. The Center offers cutting edge, unique treatment services for children and adolescents suffering from anxiety disorders. These include the Intensive Pediatric OCD program, which has successfully treated children and adolescents from across the country and internationally, as well as the Selective Mutism program which has treated hundreds of children from all over the world and offers both weekly and intensive forms of treatment. For children who have experienced traumas, the Stress and Resilience program provides treatment in both the office and in schools throughout the metropolitan area. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in all these programs and in our multidisciplinary group practice.
Reporting to the Director, Anxiety Disorders Center, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks program.
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with anxiety disorders, including clients with comorbid mood-related disorders and externalizing disorders.
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members, and maintain collateral contacts with educators and other providers.
- Collaborate with our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy.
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees.
- Conduct public workshops on children’s mental health topics for community outreach.
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
- Must have a current, valid, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the state of California or be in the process of obtaining that license
- 3 years licensed experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT); experience in trauma focused CBT (tfCBT) a plus
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Must have the desire to serve and work to fulfill the mission of Child Mind Institute
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.