The Child Mind Institute is recruiting a clinical psychologist for its ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center, one of four programs that comprise the rapidly expanding Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center provides cutting edge, evidence-based treatment options for children and adolescents suffering from a range of behavioral and attention-related concerns. Clinicians in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center regularly provide behavioral parent training interventions, school-based behavioral consultation, and cognitive behavioral therapy. Innovative programs housed within the Center include our 4-week Summer Program, a 1-day intensive behavioral skills training program called BEST, and pilot work on intensive behavioral parent training interventions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in these programs and to contribute to a dynamic, collaborative team.
Reporting to the Senior Director, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters.
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with behavioral problems, particularly patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), other disruptive behavior disorders (DBDs) as well as comorbid anxiety and mood disorders
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members, and maintain collateral contacts with educators and other providers.
- Collaborate with our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees
- Conduct public workshops on children’s mental health topics for community outreach
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
- Must have a current, valid, unrestricted license to practice psychology in the state of California or be in the process of obtaining that license
- Minimum of 2 years licensed experience
- Demonstrated expertise in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or behavioral parent training interventions
- Demonstrated experience with professional writing as well as with public speaking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Must have the desire to serve and work to fulfill the mission of Child Mind Institute
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.
The Child Mind Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment based on race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation; national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the united states is authorized under federal law [Vehicle Code section 12801.9]); ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.