Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation at Covenant HealthCare has an opening for a full-time clinical neuropsychologist to provide assessment and consultation services.
The patient population ranges from older adolescents to the elderly. Diagnostic categories span a wide range but the most common ones include traumatic brain injury stroke and brain tumor. Most activities will initially be inpatient with plans to continue to grow outpatient services including more comprehensive post-acute evaluations. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and growing service that includes physiatry nursing and rehabilitation therapy.
Covenant HealthCare is a regional health care leader that offers a dynamic and supportive working atmosphere. Our workforce is comprised of a highly professional diverse group of more than 4,000 individuals. We hold a high standard of patient care and support in our organization's success which is why we believe that our staff plays a vital role in making Covenant HealthCare extraordinary.
Minimum requirements include:
- Completion of a Doctoral degree in Psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program including an APA- or CPA-accredited internship with subsequent completion of a 2-year formal postdoctoral residency
- Prior clinical experience in a health care setting is essential
- Prior rehabilitation exposure will be considered advantageous but is not required
- Pursuit of board certification in clinical neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology will be expected and supported
- Preference will be given to candidates who are eligible for immediate licensure in the state of Michigan
Salary and benefits are competitive. Assistance with relocation as well as support for continuing education will be provided.
The position will be available as of July 9 2018 but starting date is flexible.
Individuals who can bring increased diversity to the organization (e.g. persons with a disability or who are bilingual) are especially encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Send letter of interest curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three professional references to:
Jacobus Donders, PhD ABPP Chief Psychologist
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
235 Wealthy S.E.
Grand Rapids MI 49503