Tampa General Hospital is the only level I trauma hospital throughout the West Central Florida. TGH was named the Best Hospital in Tampa Bay by U.S.News & World Report, and recognized as one of America's Best Hospitals for 2018-2019 in six specialties. Our commitment to quality extends beyond our patient care. We strive to provide valuable, high quality benefits to our employees such as medical/dental/vision insurance, accumulated time off (ATO), employee Health & Wellness, KIDCare: Sick child day care, TGH Child Care Center, Training and development opportunities.
TGH is seeking a broadly trained Clinical Health Psychologist to work with our team of neuropsychologists, health psychologists and rehabilitation psychologists. TGH is a 1000+ bed Level 1 Trauma Center affiliated with the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. This position is primarily focused on providing consultation-liaison services to our oncology, medicine, ICU, and specialty medicine units. Experience with biopsychosocial models of care within a multi-disciplinary team preferred. Background with co-occurring medical and psychiatric conditions, as well as experience with traumatic brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, burn, oncology, and complex medical populations preferred.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D./Psy.D. in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program and an APA approved pre-doctoral internship.
- A formal post-doctoral fellowship in Health Psychology or Rehabilitation Psychology preferred
- Consultation Liaison experience with complex medical populations highly preferred
- Current licensure/license eligible in the State of Florida required
- Applicants must meet the credentialing guidelines for full medical staff membership
- The ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not required