Forensic Psychologists are encouraged to consider an outstanding career opportunity with Liberty Healthcare.
A Clinical Director position is available with Liberty Healthcare’s jail-based competency treatment program at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga - San Bernardino County, California.
The mission of the program is to minimize the need and waiting periods for state hospital forensic mental health beds by delivering timely court-mandated forensic assessments, psychiatric stabilization, and restoration of competency to individuals in jail.
This cutting-edge program is based on Liberty’s innovative model which received a Best Practice Award from the California Council on Mentally Ill Offenders.
The Clinical Director will enjoy a mix of both clinical management and clinical direct care responsibilities.
Specific clinical management responsibilities include:
- Assuring the overall quality of clinical services provided to the program’s clients
- Leading and supervising a team of Psychologists, LCSWs, LMFTs and ancillary clinicians
- Performing quality assurance of assessments and court reports
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Fostering and maintaining productive relationships with a wide array of stakeholders with which the program interacts
Specific clinical direct care responsibilities include:
- Serving as a primary therapist to assigned patients
- Conducting mental status examinations and assessments
- Developing diagnoses and formulating treatment plans
- Delivering cognitive-behavioral treatment and psychoeducation to individuals and groups
- Providing leadership to multidisciplinary teams
- Providing training and consultation to staff
- Providing court testimony as needed
- Documenting clinical services and preparing reports
As a full-time employee of Liberty Healthcare you can expect to receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and paid time off. Qualified candidates may also receive financial assistance with interview travel and relocation expenses, if necessary.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess these attributes:
- California Psychologist license (or eligible to become licensed)
- Minimum of two years of forensic mental health experience – specifically in competency restoration
- Prior supervisory / leadership experience
- Knowledge of current principles of psychological testing and competency restoration
- Ability to lead a clinical team
Liberty Healthcare provides a wide array of health and human services to people throughout the United States. We serve people in their homes and communities as well as in hospitals and specialized treatment settings. We help people who have physical and mental illnesses get better. We serve people who have disabilities – ensuring they receive vital services, are safe, well-cared for and live as independently as possible. Liberty Healthcare Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and people who have disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
If you’re interested in helping lead a state-of-the-art mental health program which is making a difference in the lives of people who are struggling with mental illness – Liberty is looking for you!
To learn more about this opportunity, contact Marc DiGirolamo directly at (800) 331-7122, ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org