Marist College Office of Counseling Services is seeking a full-time clinical counselor to join our growing, dynamic, and collaborative counseling center. Counseling Services is committed to enhancing student mental health through culturally informed care while promoting a campus culture of inclusiveness, equity and diversity. This is a 9-month position. The successful candidate will provide a range of services to a diverse student population, including intakes; individual psychotherapy; group therapy; consultations; crisis intervention; on-call rotation; and innovative and inclusive outreach programming.
Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program; Masters degree in Clinical Social Work or Mental Health Counseling. Must be licensed or license-eligible in New York State within one year of assuming position.
A minimum of three years of experience working with student populations reflective of the Marist campus.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong generalist skills with specialization and/or expertise in interpersonal psychotherapy, DBT, ACT, and/or other evidence-based practices.
· Demonstrated dedication and attentiveness to multicultural issues, social justice and intersectionality in serving historically marginalized students as well as commitment to ongoing development of cultural competencies.
· Proven interest, experience and commitment to facilitating groups.
· Effective at designing/presenting trainings and outreach programs to students, faculty, staff.
· Flexibility responding to high demand for services and changing program needs.
· Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a professional team.
· Committed self-care practice to maintain resilience.
· Familiarity with Titanium electronic medical record.
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
Marist College is located on the banks of the historic Hudson River midway between New York City and Albany and at its Florence, Italy campus. A comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts, its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 384 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (8th Best Regional University/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. Marist educates approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees.
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://applyl.ink/2OGTahV. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER