Tulsa Center for Child Psychology, PLLC (TCCP)
TCCP is seeking to fill two child psychologist positions. Psychologists or recent graduates seeking a post doctoral training experience are encouraged to apply.
Tulsa Center for Child Psychology endeavors to expand the psychological services available to the Tulsa Metropolitan area through the training and employment of Clinical Child Psychologists, and by providing these services to families, schools and other organizations. See our website at tc4cp.com.
TCCP is a private practice clinic offering a full range of psychological services to children adolescents and families from Northeastern Oklahoma and the surrounding areas. TCCP serves an economically and culturally diverse population.
Dr. Richard Walton, founder and owner of TCCP has been in private practice for more than thirty years. Seeking to find ways to increase the services available to the children in our community while also providing exceptional training opportunities for those seeking a career in child psychology, TCCP was founded for these purposes explicitly. Over the last twelve years we have grown to the point that we are providing more than 10,000 hours of psychological services each year.
TCCP has been a member of the Northeastern Oklahoma Psychology Internship Program for the last 9 years and currently accepts three pre doctoral interns each year. On occasion we also have a post doctoral fellow on staff as well.
TCCP has developed a reputation in our community for providing exceptional services including assessment and therapy. Committed to providing the most effective treatments available, we employ a variety of experimentally supported treatments. We provide Parent Child Interaction Therapy in rooms specifically designed and equipped for this purpose. We provide the clinician with all the resources necessary for addressing anxiety, depression, emotional regulation, social skills training and behavioral issues in an age appropriate manner and environment.
TCCP has expanded its services to include a Developmental Pediatrician and a Physician Assistant. These medical professionals add significant depth to the services already provided by the psychologists at TCCP and our ability to collaborate on site is unique in the area. In addition to this, Immediately adjacent to our office is a Pediatric Occupational, Speech and Language and Physical Therapy Practice with which we refer clients back and forth. Our ability to consult on site with these highly skilled professionals contributes greatly both to our insight into the difficulties these children are experiencing as well as to many novel ways to address these difficulties.
TCCP is looking to expand even further the services we provide by hiring highly skilled Child Psychologists who either possess specific skills already or are wanting to develop new skills in specific areas of child mental health.
TCCP is looking for psychologists who have/are:
1) A doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program;
2) Completed an APA accredited pre doctoral internship;
3) Eligible for licensure in Oklahoma
4) Training and experience with providing assessment and therapy to children, adolescents and their families; and,
5) Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal/customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with clients, coworkers and others.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Behaviors
1) Expertise in assessing emotional, social, intellectual and developmental problems in children and adolescents;
2) Experience in utilizing empirically supported treatments shown to be effective in treating children and adolescents;
3) Willing to engage in consultation with other clinicians including medical staff;
4) Capable of completing documentation in a timely manner;
5) Ability to engage in critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision making; and,
6) Adhere to our professional ethical standards and guidelines.
1) Provide direct psychological services including intake, assessment, diagnosis and treatment to children, adolescents and families;
2) Complete appropriate clinical documentation of services provided utilizing electronic health records software;
3) Supervise post doctoral fellows and pre doctoral interns as well as advanced doctoral students in clinical psychology practicum; and,
4) Participate in weekly staff meetings and clinical consultation.
1) Compensation – percentage of reimbursement for services provided, hourly reimbursement for supervision (Full time licensed psychologist-70 to 100+K and more);
2) Health and Dental insurance
3) Hours are 8am to 5pm unless the psychologist wants to work evenings or weekends;
4) No evening or weekend call;
5) Highly skilled and motivated support staff;
6) Attractive and comfortable work environment;
7) All practice expenses paid including malpractice insurance, all therapy and testing supplies, computer hardware and software, office furniture and supplies;
8) Well developed referral network providing constant supply of new referrals;
9) Ability to develop a full time practice as quickly as desired; and,
10) Ability to set own schedule within the parameters of the practice.
Invitation to Apply
If you are an early career psychologist, or a more experienced psychologist wanting to enter into private practice without the usual attendant risks, or are looking for a setting in which to complete your post doctoral training, please do explore what we have to offer. You are welcome to call to discuss these positions before submitting a formal application.
To apply please send a cover letter with your resume describing your experience providing services to children to: Tulsa Center for Child Psychology, 5110 S Yale Ave., Suite 103, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135, email to email@example.com, or call 918-779-7637.
Learn More About Tulsa
To learn more about Tulsa visit these websites:
Tulsa Guide https://www.google.com/destination?q=tulsa&output=search&dest_mid=/m/013kcv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjgi5KK8fbjAhVFT6wKHRjoBxgQ6tEBKAQwAHoECAsQBw#dest_mid=/m/013kcv&tcfs=EhIKCS9tLzAxM2tjdhIFVHVsc2E
Tulsa Convention and Visitors Bureau