The Division of Psychology and Behavioral Health at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC is seeking to fill two, full-time faculty positions.
- Well established, thriving Outpatient Services Department
- Flexible work schedule, no call or weekends
- Great opportunity for someone who desires autonomy, a supportive collegial environment, competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for growth
Division of Psychology and Behavioral Health at Children’s National
The positions will have primary appointments in the Division of Psychology and Behavioral Health at Children’s National with an appointment as an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and Pediatrics, at the George Washington University School of Medicine:
1) Internalizing Disorders. Provide outpatient treatment as part of a multidisciplinary team to address mood and anxiety disorders at the main hospital in Washington, DC, with opportunity for also participating in clinical work with a medical specialty.
2) General Outpatient Treatment. Specific specialty area in outpatient treatment is flexible. Duties will be split between an outpatient center in Fairfax, VA and the main hospital.
The Division of Psychology and Behavioral Health is fully integrated into pediatric subspecialty areas and has close working relationships with Psychiatry and Primary Care. The Psychology Division has a large and diverse faculty who oversee an APA accredited internship. All faculty members supervise doctoral interns and many also choose to supervise graduate level externs.
The primary focus of each role is on clinical and training activities, but research and other scholarly activities are strongly encouraged. The Children’s Research Institute has a prestigious Center for Translational Sciences Award that provides outstanding resources to support and enhance research efforts. There are also numerous opportunities for collaborative research with established researchers in the institution and a large emphasis is placed on advancing behavioral research.
About Children’s National
Children’s National Medical Center is the only exclusive provider of pediatric care in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. Serving the nation’s children for more than 130 years, Children’s National is proudly ranked as a top 5 pediatric hospital in America by the US News and World Report. Children’s National’s internationally recognized team of pediatric healthcare professionals care for more than 360,000 patients each year who come from throughout the region, nation, and world.
Specific clinical training and expertise in child clinical or pediatric psychology and a PhD (or equivalent degree), completion of an APA accredited internship and postdoctoral fellowship are required. Applicants must hold a DC license prior to start date.
Review of applications is ongoing and will be reviewed as received. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. A cover letter detailing relevant experience and CV (with contact information of references) should be sent to Dr. Randi Streisand, at firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line please indicate which position you are interested in. Children’s National Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We place a strong emphasis on equality and diversity.