Carle Physician Group is seeking a Clinical Child Psychologist (PhD or PsyD) to join the Behavioral Health Department at our location in Champaign, Illinois
Position Details Include:
- Provide assessment, psychotherapy and testing services to children, adolescents and families in an outpatient setting, which is multidisciplinary and part of an integrated health care system
- Join 12 psychologists as well as psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, social workers, counselors, psychometrists, nurses, and drug & alcohol professionals in a vibrant enterprise. (A separate neuropsychology section provides consultation services.)
- Behavioral Health providers also work with health care practitioners and teams throughout Carle, including primary care, many medical specialties and hospital services.
- The position requires a doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program as well as completion of pre-doctoral internship (APA-accredited preferred).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience post doctorate and Illinois Clinical Psychologist license strongly preferred. Applications who have completed a post-doctoral training program will be considered if they are license-eligible at the time of application.
- Ideally, candidates would possess a clinical interest in assessment and treatment of autism spectrum disorders.
Our psychologists enjoy opportunities to provide training and supervision to pre-doctoral interns in our APA-accredited internship and in our Psychiatry residency program.
Affiliations with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign and the Carle Illinois College of Medicine (CICM)* can be sought to provide education and training to medical students and to pursue research interests. Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
- 500+ physicians and 294 advanced practice providers, comprising 80 specialties/sub-specialties, and a service area of 1.3 million residents
- Locally owned and physician led
- Not-for-profit integrated network of healthcare services that also includes Carle Foundation Hospital; a quality focused, nationally ranked 413-bed regional hospital that is a designated Primary Stroke Center, Level I Trauma Center, and offers Level III Perinatal services
- Excellent benefit package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis
- Home to one of the world's greatest public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois
- Ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options - advantages of a smaller town with dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options of a much larger city