The Anna Shaw Children's Institute (ASCI) is a developmental behavioral practice and an affiliate of Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
ASCI was created as a responsive entity to meet the medical and psychiatric pediatric care services needed for children with developmental delays and/or the behavioral issues related to those delays within Dalton, Georgia and the surrounding regions. Additionally, the ASCI team will provide Physical, Occupational, Speech/Feeding, Music and Applied Behavioral Analysis therapy services to the same pediatric population.
As an essential member of the care team, the psychologist will:
- Collaborate with other team members to conduct a thorough and comprehensive evaluation of the developmental and psychological status of a child or adolescent
- He/she will administer, score, evaluate and report intellectual, cognitive, personality and neuropsychological test data
- Work closely with the ASCI Medical Director to help manage psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute conditions by providing individual and family psychotherapy and/or counseling with patients of the ASCI to promote safety, understanding and good mental health
- He/she will participate as an:
- Active treatment team member
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development across the life cycle
- Demonstrate an understanding reflective of the patient's current status, age (functional), diagnosis and specific needs when devising and implementing treatment
Education: Doctoral Degree in Psychology
Licensure: Georgia Licensure or eligible to apply for Georgia License
Must have license prior to beginning the position.
If you're looking to live in a beautiful southern community and want to be close to a large city with an airport, this opportunity should interest you.