The Children’s Program is seeking two psychologists to join our practice: one with a specialty in treating elementary-aged patients, and one with a specialty in treating middle- and high school-aged patients.
Our private multidisciplinary children’s mental health clinic in southwest Portland employs more than two dozen professionals (psychologists, licensed professional counselors, developmental & behavioral pediatricians, psychiatrist, psychometrician, speech-language pathologist, and educational consultant) and has served thousands of families over three decades.
Our ideal candidates must have:
- A doctoral level degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA-accredited program
- Oregon licensure (or eligibility to sit for licensure exam immediately upon offer of employment)
- Experience/interest in treating a wide range of behavioral, social, emotional, and developmental issues, using evidence-based, short-term, problem-focused therapy/counseling techniques.
- Experience/interest in administering a wide range of psychological assessments (cognitive, attention, academic performance, etc.) to elementary-aged children
- Ability to maintain up-to-date digital patient records & coordinate care with other clinicians as needed
- Ability to maintain positive collegial relationships with staff & clients from diverse backgrounds
Top consideration will be given to candidates who also have one or more of the following:
- A specialty in diagnosing & treating ADHD
- A specialty in diagnosing & treating anxiety, depression, and related concerns
- A specialty in diagnosing & treating autism spectrum disorder (ADOS training)
- Experience/interest in group therapy
The benefits of working at our clinic include:
- A competitive salary
- Generous vacation/leave time accrual
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement & pre-tax flexible spending account
- Numerous continuing education opportunities, including 8 hours paid CE time per year
- Full-time staff support with administrative tasks, including: Intake screening, scheduling, billing & collections, health insurance provider credentialing, marketing & community outreach, IT
- Well-established sources of client referrals from medical & mental health professionals, schools, and other institutions in the Portland metro area
- A vibrant, fun, supportive office environment
- Charlie the Golden Retriever, our certified therapy dog
Visit www.childrensprogram.com to learn more about our clinic. Interested candidates, please email a CV and letter of interest to our clinic coordinator Mindy Ranik (email@example.com).