Classification Title: Associate Professor
Hours Per Week: 40
Department: Psychiatry & Behavior Science
Campus Location: Kansas City Metro
This senior faculty member will join a dynamic and growing 16-member Psychology Division, working with the Division of Psychology Services and its leadership, providing directorship for inpatient psychology providers and coordinating psychological services at our Child and Adolescent inpatient facility.
Graduate of an APA or CPA-accredited doctoral program with an APA accredited clinical internship. Minimum of one year post-doctoral experience with additional years of relevant experience. Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Kansas by the time of appointment. Experience working with child and/or adolescent populations with behavioral health needs, particularly those with severe mental illness and/or serious emotional disturbance.
Academic experience working with Psychology trainees.
Subject to the regulations of the State of Kansas, the Board of Regents and the University of Kansas Medical Center, I understand and agree that I may be subject to a probation period and during the probation period I serve at the pleasure of the Executive Vice Chancellor of KUMC and my employment may be ended at any time during that period.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- Lead and direct the Child Psychology Service at the University of Kansas Health System’s Child and Adolescent Psychiatry inpatient program
- Participate in interdisciplinary team-based care and policy and decision-making within the hospital units
- Provide assessment, individual and group treatment, and psychoeducation to child and adolescent patients and their families
- Interact collaboratively with school personnel and other social agencies on behalf of the child and adolescent patients
- Participate in the professional education of psychology interns in our APA accredited program and psychology practicum students, as well as in the education of child psychiatry fellows and psychiatry residents
- Lead in development of a postdoctoral fellowship with a goal toward APA accreditation of the postdoctoral fellowship
- Collaborate with other faculty in scholarly activities
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
To apply, visit: https://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/22515